Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Automatic number increments

After the macro has run once, and created the text file, you can edit the
number in the file (just open it in NotePad).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"prem" wrote in message
Hi I read through the article but I am not sure what to do.

Right now, My invoice number (201000795) is listed at the top right-hand
corner of the document. So do I highlight the number and then insert the
bookmark as mentioned??

And then do I enter the macro:

Sub AutoNew()

Order = System.PrivateProfileString("C:\Settings.Txt", _
"MacroSettings", "Order")

If Order = "" Then
Order = 1
Else
Order = Order + 1
End If

System.PrivateProfileString("C:\Settings.txt", "MacroSettings", _
"Order") = Order

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Order").Range.InsertBefo re Format(Order, "00#")
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:="path" & Format(Order, "00#")

End Sub

Cause I tried that but nothing worked.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"prem" wrote in message
Hey guys, right now, I am using MS Word 2007 to issue receipts.
However,
have a little issue with this. Whenever I need to issue a new receipt,
have
to manually increase the receipt number by 1.

For example, the first receipt I issue might have the receipt number
"201001". When I need to issue the next receipt, I need to open the
file
and
manually increase the receipt number to "210102". Sometimes I forget to
do
this and this leads to a number of problems.

My question is, is it possible to make the receipt number update itself
automatically every time I open it, such that it automatically
increases
by 1?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,