Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DG DG is offline

Default Fill-In Form Problem

I found that it works on my home computer but not on my office computer
(both are Windows XP and Word 2007). For some reason, I'm unable to use the
'blank' to clear the field in my office. And it happens in more than one
document. Yes, they are the legacy dropdowns in a protected form and the
'blank' is the topmost entry. Are there any settings I'm missing that would
cause this problem on my office computer? The only difference I'm aware of -
and I assume this shouldn't matter at all - my office computer has Office
Professional Plus 2007, my home computer has Office Standard 2007, and both
have the latest updates.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
If you use the legacy dropdown fields in a protected form then Word 2007
will certainly allow a blank entry consisting of a number of spaces.
Ensure the 'blank' is the topmost dropdown entry.

"DG" wrote in message
I have a number of fill-in forms I created with Word 2000. Many have
dropdown boxes that contain a number of responses as well as a "blank"
option (created using blank spaces) to allow us to 'clear' the field if
nothing has to be filled in. We recently switched to Word 2007 and we have
been unable to select the "blank" entry in the dropdowns, therefore, we
can no longer clear a field if no entry is required. Am I overlooking
something?