Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default Word to HTML for Craigslist ad

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:24:20 +0100, "Yves Dhondt"
wrote:

Open the .htm file from within Notepad or Wordpad, that should give you the
html source. Alternatively, open the htm file in your favourite browser and
look for the 'Show source' function that almost every browser has.

OK. That worked, sort of. The source code has a lot of stuff in there.
After it was processed by Craig's List, it mostly looked good. Some of
the bulleted lists were a little off.

There are a lot of websites selling utilities to "clean up" the html
output from Word. The general feeling seems to be that Word does not
get html and really doesn't care. They want you to buy Front Page.

I found a website that does the conversion online:

http://word2cleanhtml.com/

I tried the same document there. It came out a lot simpler and the
formatted ad after processing by Craig's List looked a lot better.