Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Merging Tables, Adding Rows--Word 2007, Win7

If you don't see anything between the tables even with nonprinting
characters displayed, there are two possibilities:

1. There really is nothing between the tables, and this is one of those
freak cases where they refuse to join.

2. There is a paragraph there formatted as 1 point in font size and line
spacing. You may be able to make it appear if you select the space around it
(that is, the last row of the first table and the first row of the second)
and press Ctrl+Spacebar and (if necessary) Ctrl+Q. You may then need to
restore any direct formatting to the text in the table cells you had
selected.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
On 2/27/2010 9:01 PM, Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Delete everything in between them. As a minimum there will be an empty
paragraph which will appear as ¶ when you click on the Show/Hide button
(¶)

The two tables are snug with no gap. Am I supposed to highlight both
tables? Show/Hide?

If I go to Layout tab and look at Merge, it only shows merge cells and no
merge tables. Help is useless.

Well, now that I know how to add multiple rows to a table, I can extend
the no. rows in table 1, and copy table 2 into it.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/