Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Share theme with other users

If your goal is to modify the formatting of the document and then share the
document with others, applying the theme and then distribute the document
should work just fine.

On the other hand, if you want users to be able to change themes themselves,
you will have to install the *.thmx file in their
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes folder. Simply adding a theme
in the folder won't change the look of documents, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Vrin" wrote in message
Hello - I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to share a custom
theme
with other users? I've created a custom theme in Word 2007 which will be
used to format chapters in a 200 page document. Each chapter is being
created as a separate document. The problem is, now that we're halfway
through the drafting process, the powers that be decided that we need to
use
a different custom theme, so I need to figure out how to apply this
updated
theme to each chapter document. Is there an easy way to do this? I could
update each one myself, but then will the custom theme be available to
other
users?

I tried to save the custom *.thmx file to this location on another user's
machine, to no avail: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes

Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Vrin