Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Word 2003 Virus Scan

This has nothing to do with Word. It is your AntiVirus tool that is
interrupting for a scan. Ask the support forum for your AV how to disable it
scanning in Office (usually some form of Office Plug-in).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Tom Ponta" wrote in message
Whenever I open a document with Word 2003 on my Vista Home Premium system,
or create a new document, there is a delay while opening and I see
"Running virus scan" in the lower bar. Is there some way to disable this?
It causes delays when exporting something to Word, and since I only use
documents I create myself, I feel it's not needed.