Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Track changes

I'm glad you got it sorted, and thank you for the follow-up.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Edges" wrote in message
FOUND IT!!!
Turn off Track Changes. Select the Office Button, Prepare, Inspect
document, click Inspect button. Once inspection is complete, remove Document
Properties & Personal Information. Save, close document and when reopened,
Track Changes is still OFF... Thank you for your assistance.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It's also possible the document contains comments that haven't been deleted,
which would cause the Reviewing toolbar (or Review tab in this case) to be
displayed whether Track Changes is on or not.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
It seems as if the document isn't getting saved. After you've turned off
track changes, modify the document, for example by adding text and
deleting it, and then save. Does that make a difference?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Edges" wrote in message
I did Accept all changes in document, turned track changes OFF, saved and
closed the document. But, when I opened it again, track changes was back
ON.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

On the Review tab, click Accept | Accept All Changes in Document. Then
click
Track Changes | Track Changes (or press Ctrl+Shift+E) to turn off the
feature.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Edges" wrote in message
In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once
and for
all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find
track
changes on when I reopen the document.

.

.