Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Master Documents in Word 2007

Using Master Documents is not worth the risk.

See the article "Why Master Documents corrupt€¯ at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm

See the article "How to recover a Master Document€¯ at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...MasterDocs.htm

For your final question, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...rontMatter.htm

While the article says that it applies to versions before 2007, that is only
because of the screen shots of the controls that are shown.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Kim H." Kim wrote in message
1. I have created a master document and in my subdocument, I have made
some
changes. How do I update my master document?

2. Also, in my subdocument, there is a Next Page break between the TOC
and
the body but when it is in the Master document, there is no break and I
cannot insert one.

3. This master document will end of being a 12 chapter document. How do
use the cross-reference function to number the chapters and have the page
numbers run in secquence?

4. I will have 5 different page "styles" a cover page, 2 main TOC pages
with left and right style headers, then the chapters have left and right
style headers. Is this possible?