Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Header text only on page 1?

On the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, in the Options group,
check the box for "Different first page." This will give you a separate
First Page Header and First Page Footer. In the First Page Header, put any
text you want to appear only on the first page. I would be more inclined to
put an update date in the First Page Footer, however. Note that, using this
option, you will need to repeat in the First Page Header/Footer any
Header/Footer text that you want on the first page.

http://word.mvps.org

"rpgs rock dvds" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007. I've got a long document, and I'd like to have a
small line of small font text at the very top of page 1 only saying:
Document last updated: xx/xx/xxxx. Is it possible to have this "page
header text" only appear on page 1? Thanks a lot for any advice.