Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default unwanted page breaks

Are you saying that the page number is set to start at 1 at the beginning of the
document (= at section 1) and nowhere else?

By the way, do you really need the continuous section?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Joshua Salter" wrote in message ...

Thanks Stephan
I have checked this, and neither "mirror margins" nor "different odd and
even" are selected. Also I don't think page numbers are the problem
because I set them to start at 1 at the first page and they have
presented no further problems.

I have tried repeatedly to delete the "section break New Page" and
replace with "section break Continuous". In 'Normal' mode it looks
fine, but as soon as I switch to 'page layout' the unwanted page break
reappears.
When the curser is in a continuous section I can get the 'Continuous'
option under 'page layout'. But this option disappears as soon as the
section break reverts to 'new page'.
By the way, I am using Word 2000 SR-1.
Another thing is, I had a perfectly fine layout all done, and then
needed to insert one small table into the document. That was also OK;
this problem has only started happening when I had to go through the
rest of the document following the inserted table, to fix up the layout
that has been affected 'downstream' by the insertion of the table.

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;493668']For some reason, Word doesn't allow a Continuous section break
for that
particular section. Usually this is caused by "Mirror margins" and/or
"Different
odd and even" being selected in the Page Setup dialog box. It may also
be caused
by a restarted page number in the new section.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Joshua Salter" wrote in message
...-

When I insert a section break 'continuous' it changes to a page break.
So I follow the 'help' instructions (page setup layout section
start) but there is no option for 'continuous', only 'new page'; 'odd
page'; or 'even page'. Yet the option 'continuous' is available at
other times. What am I doing wrong? -