Jazzman19 Jazzman19 is offline
Junior Member

I have a workaround for this.
Use filtering in Excel to isolate the cells you want to color.
Add a column and enter a unique identifier for each color (ie. & for red and @ for green) in the appropriate row.
When creating your merge, add the identifier to the label or document (We will get rid of it later).
Use the "Find" feature in Word to locate all labels or documents that contain the identifier. Click "More", check the box marked "Use Wildcards", then use the replace feature to change the color of the font.
When you have completed all of the identifiers then your document or labels should have all the right colored fonts.
Use the "Find" feature again to find the identifiers. Click in the replace box and empty it, then click on "No formatting". Click OK and you will remove the identifiers, leaving the labels with the desired color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray View Post
Well, thanks anyway, but that won't help. I could easily highlight the
fields with a color and get the same result, but I need something more
dynamic.

I guess it can't be done.

Thanks again.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you want (say) titlefirstnamelastnamesuffix formatted in
a colour, then toggle the fields
(ALT+F9) to display
{Mergefield title}{Mergefield firstname} {Mergefield lastname}{Mergefield
suffix}
add a Charformat switch to each eg
{Mergefield title \*Charformat}{Mergefield firstname \*Charformat}
{Mergefield lastname \*Charformat}{Mergefield suffix \*Charformat} and
format the fields in the colour you require.
You will not be able to format the same fields in different colours
according to the dictates of the individual record formatting in Excel.