Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can I make a custom bibliography style?

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 7:11:03 AM UTC-4, Sadiq Akbar wrote:

I have MS Word 2016.It has built-in styles for citation like IEEE, APA, etc. Our University has a format which is not available here.
Can I insert my own citation style in this word?If yes how? And if no then how should I handle this problem?

You can, but it is VERY difficult. You may be able to find what you need at

https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=bibword

-- as "BibWord" -- but as far as I can tell it has not been updated since Word2007, and the Styles created in Word2007 do NOT work in Word2013.

I haven't had the time to experiment with altering the Word2013 built-in
styles to match my custom styles created for Word2007. They look the
same when they're opened in NotePad, but clearly something is different
"behind the scenes."