Francine

Thanks for the link. I have never done anything with macros before.

--

Francine

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The macros required to force the preferred view will be:

Sub AutoNew()
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

If you prefer a different level of zoom from 100% change the number in
both

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You can absolutely make Word start Maximized by setting this in the
Properties of the shortcut used to start Word. As for the view and
zoom, this is definitely problematic in Word 2003, which seems to
have a mind of its own. Most of the time it will start in the view in
which you closed it, but the only way to really force it to open in a
specific view is with an AutoExec or AutoNew macro.

"Francine" wrote in message
Thank you. I did everything you suggested. The thing is, it was
already set to normal view. But still sometimes when I open Word it
opens in Print Layout.

I am also having problems opening Word itself. Sometimes it opens
full screen and sometimes it opens smaller and I have to click on
the full screen button at the top right. I'm using Word 2003.

--

Francine

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The article makes this pretty clear, I think: change the zoom, then
press the Spacebar and Backspace, then Save. These were the last
three of the five
steps, the first two being to find and open Normal.dot.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Francine" wrote in message
Thank you Suzanne. I followed your instructions but couldn't
figure out what to do after I found the template (which was blank).

--

Francine

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Francine" wrote in message
When I open the program the view automatically opens in the
Print Layout view. I want it to open in Normal view, but nothing
I try works. How can I
get it to open automatically in the Normal view?

--

Francine