Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_3_] Gordon[_3_] is offline

Default Question on Frames

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Not sure what you mean here as if you change a text box to a frame, the
text box is *replaced* with the frame, so margins between them would seem
unusual? You can right click the border of the frame and format it, if
that is what you mean.

Not quite - it's a bit difficult to explain in words!
I have a text box with a border round it. I want to anchor it to the page so
I converted it to a frame (textbox doesn't give me the "anchor" function
AFAICS). What then happens is that the borders still appear within the
frame, but the physical area taken up by the frame itself is bigger than the
text box was and so affects the amount of space available. Not by a lot, I
grant you, but the document this is on can have very dense text! (And is
limited to one page...)

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level