Kevin

Default Table cell alignments

Word tables are most aggravating (no, -- impossible).

I have a table with only text. Most rows have only single line of text,
though several are multi-line. I select the entire table and set row height
to 0.2" "at least". I select the table again, then set vertical text
alignment to center. Most cells are now centered, but several are not.

Some rows with single lines of text are clearly larger than others with
single lines.

I try to vertically center individual cells -- cannot. They won't move, they
stay aligned at top (or seem to be -- table properties says they're
vertically aligned).

Turn on reveal formatting, and nothing unusual appears (basically --
nothing). Select a cell with row that seems too big --- row height now says:
"0.07" "at least". Change to 0.2", no help.

Wasted 1+ hours on this and it still doesn't work. WP would take 5 minutes.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Kevin