Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

Default APA Bibliography- Documents from Electronic Library

On 27 dec, 22:30, KC wrote:
I'm trying to create APA bibliography for articles I download from electronic
library, like Ebscohost, and none of the sources will make a complete
bibliography entry. *I want it to look like this:
Kastberg, S. (2003). Using Bloom's taxonomy as a framework for classroom
assessment. *The Mathematics Teacher, 96(6), 402-405. *Retrieved December 26,
2008, from Research Library database. (Document ID: 412009371). *and include
the url. *Do you have any ideas?

The easiest (and only) solution is doing it by hand. Word 2007 does
not support electronic databases as a source type. Doesn't mean you
can't add it yourself but that is rather hard to do unless you know/
like XSLT programming. You could try adding data to the comment field
and see what that does for you (I haven't checked it myself).

Another question is: do you need to add the information about the
electronic database? Looking at your example, this is a simple journal
article. Why would you add that electronic database information? Sure
you can find it in that database, but you can find it just as well in
a few dozen other databases/libraries. Have you ever added "from My
Local Library at 4th street" or "from my attic" when citing a journal
article?

Yves
--
http://bibliography.codeplex.com