rachael

Default how do i create individualized chapter page numbering?

i'm trying to create page numbers in my master document, with non-consecutive
formats per chapter. I want the chapter info to appear in the page number and
the table of contents. For example, chapter one is "setup items" and i would
like the page number to be S-1, S-2, etc. Chapter Two is Daily Student
Activities, and i would like the page numbers to be D-1, D-2, etc. I was
finally able to set the page numbering for each subdocument so that it did
not change the format of the previous subdocument, but some of the footers
remain connected to footers in the previous subdocument so the page numbering
is off. When I try to disconnect the footer on the first page of the new
chapter, Word disconnects the footer from a section in the previous chapter.
I have verified the section breaks, the style formatting, etc. etc. and i'm
just not sure what the problem is.