Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jadziag jadziag is offline

Default blank page number in first seven pages of front matter

I don't want any page numbering at all on the first seven pages of
my book document. I divided the book into sections. When I add page numbers
section two, Word adds page numbers to section one, the first seven pages
where I don't want page numbers. I unlink section two from section one,
yet can't get the first seven pages to be blank footers with no page numbers
while retaining page numbers in the footers of section two. What am I doing
wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.