Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Salerno John Salerno is offline

Default Linking text to bullet numbering?

"John Salerno" wrote in message
I even tried it on a new document just to make sure it wasn't the one I
was working with (which I didn't create myself). When I did it myself, the
field properly updated *once*, but when I kept adding new bullets (and
therefore changing the number of the section I want to reference) the link
did not update any more after the first time.

Well, I think I figured it out. It wasn't working when I was doing something
specific to change the bullet numbering, i.e. putting the cursor on the item
I wanted to link to and pressing enter. This renumbers the bullets
correctly, but messes up the referencing. Adding bullets in other ways,
however, keeps the references in order.

Thanks for the original help!