Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default Merging Word 2003 mail merge doc with Word 2003 table in Word

Thanks for your reply.

Did you what you suggested. Changed it back to normal Word document
attached data source again - worked ok (accept that logo at top of document
was not displayed properly). Saved mail merge document.

When I opened mail merge documenta again it just opened as a normal Word
document, didn't even prompt me first to give me the option of attaching data.

Please help.

thanks,
--
Michelle

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Change the document back to a normal Word document and then change it back
to a mail merge main document and try re-attaching the data source. It will
be easier to do this if you turn on the display of the mail merge toolbar by
selecting that item after selecting Toolbars from the View menu.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Michelle" wrote in message
We have a Word 2003 mail merge document which we merge with data in a Word
2003 table.
It worked fine when we were in Office 2003, but now that we have upgraded
Office 2007, we get an error saying
"ED798FBB is a mail merge document. Word cannot find its data source,
H:/xxx.doc" and gives us the option to select the "Find Data Source"
button.
When we browse for the data source, it comes up with the same message
"ED798FBB is a mail merge document. Word cannot find its data source,
H:/xxx.doc". (Don't know what the EDB798FBB refers to as it is not the
name
of the document).

We have experienced this same problem with a different document before.
Any help appreciated.
--
Michelle