You have overwritten the bookmark. This is not uncommon. I believe the code
suggested at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm inserts
text in such a way as not to overwrite the bookmark, but since I'm not
VBA-literate, I can't swear to that.

"Dazza" wrote in message
I have declared a book mark , in square brackets, and then using VB I

replace
the text that is in the bookmark. On returning to the document on

completion
of the macro the bookmarks have disappeared. I have checked the bookmark
dropdown menu and confirmed that the bookmark has in fact disappeared.

Can anyone shed any light on why this has happened and how I can fix the
problem.