Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Blip Blip is offline

Default Adding to TOC

....um. How do I choose to display hidden text in abc language? My expertise
is very basic I'm afraid. If I do do this - will the problem of the
disappearing brackets be fixed?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Certain fields are formatted as hidden (RD fields belong to this category),
so you must choose to display hidden text before you can work with them. I
should have mentioned this earlier, but since I keep hidden text displayed
at all times I tend not to think about it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Blip" wrote in message
Thank you Stefan. I had seen another article similar to this one which I
had
difficulties with. What happens is when I press Alt F9, nothing happens.
When
I press Cntrol F9, the brackets appear, however when I try to type inside
them the whole thing disappears. So I have been stumped there with both
solutions. I have Vista - would that be the problem at all as it seems
many
things don't work properly with Vista (forgive my skepticism please).
what to do?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...cle.asp?ID=148
("Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Blip" wrote in message
I am still new to TOCs. I have several documents already containing
their
own
separate TOCs however in the first of these I wish to add the main
headings
of all the other doc's TOCs. (The primary headings). How do I do this?
tried to do it manually but am stuck. Would appreciate any advice here.