Klaus Linke

Two other options:

-- Change the "List bullet" style to have an indent of 1 cm. Then hope =
and pray that your users use the built-in "List bullet" style (because, =
as CyberTaz' answer indicated, that's what'll be applied by the bullets =
button in that case).

-- Change the "list bullet" style, and also change the bullet button so =
it always applies that style (or the proper outline "List bullet 2, 3, =
...." style with up to 9 different bullets). I think that's what makes =
most sense, because your users don't have to worry about the "bullet" =
button creating the wrong bullets.

I haven't tried, but I don't think the second part of CyberTaz' answer =
would work. The "most recently used" list for bullets and numbers is =
stored in the Registry, and probably wrong bullets could get applied no =
matter what you defined in the template.

Regards,
Klaus

"CyberTaz" wrote:
Hey Joe-
=20
The regular bullets button on the Formatting Toolbar 'remembers' the=20
specifics of the last bullet formatting used until you switch to =

something=20
different. So...
=20
Customize your bullets while working in your template to whatever you =

want=20
through the FormatBullets and Numbering dialog box. Type a temporary =

list to=20
apply the bullets (by using the button to test it), then you can =

delete the=20
list & save the template. Your custom bullets will then be set as the =

default=20
in any new docs based on the template.
=20
HTH |:)
=20
"Joe" wrote:
=20
Hi,
=20
I'd like to create a template so that users can click the "Apply =

List=20
Bullet" button from the toolbar and get an indent of 1 cm (rather =

than the=20
default 1.25 cm). (Obviously, I could create a new style and assign =

it a new=20
button; I just don't think I could persuade the users to click on =

it). Since=20
we'll still be using 1.25 for most documents, I don't want to modify =

normal.dot.
=20
Thanks very much,
Joe