Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sarah G Sarah G is offline

Default Data Source Lost When Merge From Access to Word

I have an Access database that I want to use to merge data into Word
documents that I have already set up. The database and the files are located
in the same file on a server that others can access. The merges have been
working fine for me but they do not work the same way for others. When they
open a Word merge file and select Yes to run the corresponding SQL command,
they get another message saying the database connection was lost. Then, they
have to go through a whole set of screens to re-establish the connection.
And then, sometimes when they click the Mail Merge Recipients button, an
error message appears that says there is no corresponding data or the
connection was lost. I dont want them to have to re-establish the data link
every time they open a merge file.