Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DianePDavies DianePDavies is offline

Default Add a column to the right

This allows me to insert to the right!

Unfortunately my problem with the numbers changing still occurs. Somehow the
new columns inherits the numbering from the original 2nd column and continues
the numbering in the new 3rd column - and thereby messing up the original
numbers in the 2nd column... The new column has numbers in the cells - but no
text.
I just want to insert a completely blank column to the right of my table.

Any suggestions?

--
Diane

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Doug's answer covers one way to do it. Another way is to select the
end-of-row markers (which you can see if you have nonprinting characters
displayed). They are the markers to the right of the table, outside it. You
can select them by clicking the mouse at the tob of the table just as you
would select a column. Then use Insert Rows.

"DianePDavies" wrote in message
I have a table with two columns, and now I want to add a blank third column
to the right. How is that done?

If I just right-click the 2nd column and insert a column - then I get the
blank column in the middle, and when I then cut my old 2nd column and
paste
it pack into its original 2nd position I have trouble because the cells
have
numbered lists - and this procedure makes the numbering change.

Alternatively - if I could remove the numbered list - but keep the
numbers -
then I could just move my columns around.
--
Diane