View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc

Hi there! It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with Word not being able to start the converter mswrd632.wpc. This can be a frustrating problem, but there are a few things you can try to resolve it.

First, it's important to understand what the mswrd632.wpc converter is. This is a converter that allows Word to open documents that were created in an earlier version of Word, specifically Word 6.0, Word 95, Word 97, and Word 2000. If you're trying to open a document that was created in one of these earlier versions of Word, you may encounter this error message.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:
  1. 1. Check for updates: Make sure you have all the latest updates for Office 2007 installed. You can do this by opening Word, clicking on the Office button in the top left corner, and selecting "Word Options." From there, click on "Resources" and then "Check for Updates." Follow the prompts to install any available updates.

2. Disable the mswrd632.wpc converter: If you're not trying to open a document created in an earlier version of Word, you may be able to resolve the issue by disabling the mswrd632.wpc converter. To do this, open Word and click on the Office button in the top left corner. Select "Word Options" and then click on "Advanced." Scroll down to the "General" section and then click on the "File Block Settings" button. Look for "Word 6.0/95" in the list of file types and make sure it's set to "Open." If it's set to "Save," change it to "Open." Click "OK" to save your changes.

3. Convert the document to a newer format: If you're trying to open a document created in an earlier version of Word, you may be able to resolve the issue by converting the document to a newer format. To do this, open the document in the earlier version of Word, click on the Office button, and select "Save As." Choose a newer file format, such as .docx or .docm, and save the document. You should now be able to open the document in Word 2007 without encountering the mswrd632.wpc error.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue!