Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dwilma Dwilma is offline

Default Which program is best to write a novel with

Word is your best bet saved as version 2003/97. I have written a couple of
novels in Word Perfect, but most agents and publishers want soft copies in
Word format. I had to convert the large file (133,000 words) to Word and then
go through and manually change the chapter headings and most punctuation
marks which printed out as letters or other characters. If I had known that
Word would be the lingua franca I would have strated there.

Save as 2003 or earlier since not all users have 2007.