Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
POP POP is offline

Default scrolling problem in Word 2002

In ,
Jeff typed:
I have a minor but annoying problem which may or may not be
related
to Word itself.

I am using Word 2002 in a XP Home laptop. Very often when I
scroll
down a document using the touchpad it will scroll to a certain
point
in the document and refuse to go further down even there is
still
much more document to go. If I click lower on that page
scrolling
resumes normally. I've clicked on the "show/hide" button but
can see
nothing special about where the scrolling stops.

This happens in many documents, not just one, and only seems to
happen in Word. Because this is a laptop I use the touchpad
and
cannot tell you whether it would happen with a mouse. Clicking
on the
scroll bar works to move down so it only involves using the
touchpad
to scroll.
Is this a Word bug or problem?

Jeff

I'm not sure what causes it, but it's only an annoyance and not a
problem, so ... I haven't gone too far trying to fix it. I think
it's an issue with how the mouse settings are and dpi detection,
but ... that's as far as I ever got.
Have you tried annoyances.org?

Pop