Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yam Yam is offline

Default MY WORD SAYS: "MODIFICATION NOT ALLOWED"

Hi Garfield,

I have almost the same problem with Sankalp.
My microsoft word 2007 has a message below saying "The modification is not
allowed because the selection is locked". My toolbar is not also not working.
None of the tools are highlighted when moused over.

I can't even key in the product key. Everytime i key in the product key, it
keeps saying that I have keyed in the wrong product key. How do i get the
right product key? This Microsoft word was given for free when I purchase my
notebook.

Please help. Yam.
"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Maybe you have a trial version of Office 2003 or 2007, and the trial
period has ended. Or maybe you have not activated your Office software.

What happens if you start Word and click on Help | Activate Product? If
you are already activated, a dialog box saying so will appear. If you
are not activated, the Activation Wizard will start. If you have an
expired trial version, a dialog box will prompt you to enter a valid
product key or convert (purchase a key) online.

Sankalp Gupta wrote:

Whenever i am trying to either open a new document or an old one, i am being
asked that the modification is not allowed. NO toolbar is working, i cant add
new toolbars or remove any buttons from the toolbar. This is happening in all
the OFFICE products. Please can any one help me with that.