Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default format text

Another approach would be to search for spaces and replace them with
expanded spaces. To do this, type a space into the "Find what" box and a
space into the "Replace with" box. Expand the dialog (More) and, with the
insertion point in the "Replace with" box, select Format | Font. On the
Character Spacing tab, choose Spacing: Expanded by whatever amount you have
determined (by previous trial and error) to be the desirable amount, then
OK. Replace All.

This will be a very slow replace operation, I suspect. I'm sure someone
could provide a macro that would do it more quickly. One thing that might
make it somewhat faster would be to use ^w (White Space) in the "Find what"
box and ^& (Find What Text) in the "Replace with" box.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
If you do that, it will change the line spacing for that line of text
though.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ChelseaWarren" wrote in message
You could highlight the space between the words and change the font size
of
the space. I don't know if you mean to change the space between many
words
or just one. If you intend this for many words, change the font for the
first space (eg 16 points), then immediately select the next space and

hit
the Repeat key (F4). It's probably not very efficent but it works.

"sf" wrote:

How do I increase the space between words but keep it less than 2
spaces?

TIA