Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default format text

Actually an en space is the width of a capital N and usually about two
normal spaces. An em space (width of a capital M) is usually about three.

"sf" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:13:05 +0100, Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

How about using En Spaces that can be inserted via the InsertSymbol

dialog
and selecting the Special Characters tab.

Unfortunately they seem larger than what I was hoping for. En space
looks like it equals 3 traditional spaces and em space equals 5. Is
there an advantage for using an em or en space over 3 or 5 traditional
ones?

If you insert one, and then select it and use Ctrl+C to copy it to the
clipboard, then use EditReplace and put an ordinary space (spacebar)

into
the Find what control and then move to the Replace with control and

press
Ctrl+V, the En Space will be pasted into that control and when you use
Replace All, all of the spaces will be replaced with En Spaces.

I already use find/replace to change a single space into two, so I'm
onboard with that. What I want to create is more like a 1.5 space
because I want to emphasize, but not exaggerate, the spacing between
words.

TIA