Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jhopppppp jhopppppp is offline

Default Multiple styles on same line in Microsoft Word

I am using word 2003. How do I solve my problem? Is there a way to allow
character styling in a document that has "Protect" enabled on the styles?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

There are two kinds of styles of use he paragraph styles and character
styles. When you apply a paragraph style, it modifies the whole paragraph;
when you apply a character style, it modifies only the selected characters.

Read
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...perations.aspx.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

jhopppppp wrote:
I am trying to limit the styles a user can use in a word document. I
am doing this by using the "Protect Document" feature.

But after I protect the document, I can no longer apply a style to
just a single word without it changing the style for the whole
paragraph.

For example if I tried to change the word 'house' to a new style in
the sentence below...

There is a house on the hill.

Then the whole sentence would become that style, not just the word
house.

Does anyone know how to get around this or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!