Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default OpenDataSource fails

Please continue this as necessary in the microsoft.public.word.vba.general
newsgroup.

Peter Jamieson

"Laurel" wrote in message
In a PowerBuilder script, this line of code works fine in Word 9.0
(Office 2000). But it fails in Word 11.0 (Office 2003).

ole_word_file.MailMerge.OpenDataSource(is_excel_do c,0,FALSE,TRUE,FALSE,FALSE,"","",FALSE,"","","Enti re
Spreadsheet")

The error is "Error 35 - Error calling external object function
OpenDataSource at line 52"

Two new parameters have been added in Word 11, [I found a 2003 thread in
this forum which suggesteed that the values should be as follows. This
does not work for me, but I'm working with Word 11, and the author of the
2003 thread was working with "Word 2002" - probably Office 2002? - don't
know what version, but probably 10. Should I be entering a different
constant value for the last parameter?

ole_word_file.MailMerge.OpenDataSource(is_excel_do c,0,FALSE,
TRUE,FALSE,FALSE,"","",FALSE,"","","Entire
Spreadsheet",FALSE,8)

Note that I have no experience working with OLE, so please use "for
dummies" language when responding.

TIA
LAS