Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default Random letter colors?

Why not create a template?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Peter in New Zealand" peterbalplugATxtraSPOTcoSPOTnz wrote in message
Every year I send out a Christmas newsletter to quite a lot of children
(grownup now, and grand children. I have established this as a family
tradition over several years, and they all seem to enjoy their Christmas
letter from Grandad. I use Word to compose it, with text and pictures, and
it's always been a heap of fun. Each sub heading has always been prepared
with alternative red and green letters, and looks real great in that
context. It's just for the kids, and only once a year, but something to do
it automatically would be a great labour saver to say the least.
--
Peter in New Zealand. (Pull the plug out to reply.)
Collector of old cameras, tropical fish fancier, good coffee nutter, and

JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
I think a lot depends on the target audience and the purpose of the
document. A letter from Santa would be one of the few instances when
something like this is acceptable. (To be honest - I can't really think
of
another use but I don't usually produce documents where multi-colored

fonts
would be appreciated. They just don't seem to have a place in a medical
practice.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I have been biting my tongue through this entire thread. I think the
idea
of
random colors for text (if by random we're talking about alternating
between
letters) is a *terrible* idea that should have been nipped in the bud!

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Am I missing something here - if the aim of this was as originally
described
"I am writing some Santa letters to some kids
in a playful font and I would like to print them in color" then what's
the
point of the extra sophistication? Any of the suggestions posted would

do
the job. Macros are there to help you work, not to spend more time on
them
than the original job they replace.

LurfysMa wrote:
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:08:20 +0200, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

Another possibility is the inverse of Jay's code

Sub RandomColors()
Dim oCh As Range
Dim myColor As Word.WdColorIndex
Randomize
For Each oCh In Selection.Characters
Do
myColor = 14 * Rnd() + 1
Loop Until (myColor = wdBlue) Or (myColor = wdRed) Or
(myColor = wdGreen)
oCh.Font.ColorIndex = myColor
Next oCh
End Sub

I was thinking of defining an array to hold the desired list of
colors. I'll have to figure out what the numbers are for red and

green
(for Christmas letters). Then I could either select them randomly or
cycle through them.

I'll play with these variations.

Thanks