Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Random letter colors?

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:28:23 +1200, Peter in New Zealand
wrote:

LurfysMa wrote:
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 08:35:22 +1300, "Peter in New Zealand"
peterbalplugATxtraSPOTcoSPOTnz wrote:

Every year I send out a Christmas newsletter to quite a lot of children
(grownup now, and grand children. I have established this as a family
tradition over several years, and they all seem to enjoy their Christmas
letter from Grandad. I use Word to compose it, with text and pictures, and
it's always been a heap of fun. Each sub heading has always been prepared
with alternative red and green letters, and looks real great in that
context. It's just for the kids, and only once a year, but something to do
it automatically would be a great labour saver to say the least.

Peter,

Way back in 2005, I asked how write a macro to automatically change
the colors of individual letters in some text. You asked for a copy of
the macro.

Well, hello there! Voice from the past and all that. I got a copy back
then, and I have used it every Christmas since. I honestly cannot
remember where it came from, but it works great, so if you were the kind
helper back then you have my grateful thanks, along with all my kids and
grandkids. Just before last Christmas I sent out my family and friends
Christmas newsletter to a much wider audience than previously , and over
70 copies were printed and sent, all with Christmas coloured text
courtesy of the macro. Thank you again.

Hello, yourself. :-)

I guess I must have sent you a copy and forgot. Maybe I "improved" it
since and meant to send you a copy of the improved version.

Does your copy allow you to weight the colors? In the version I just
posted, if you set vaColors to 2 reds and 1 green (red, red, green),
two letters will be set to red for every one set to green.

There might be a few other tweaks.

Anyway, good to hear back from you and very glad you like the macro.

Cheers

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000