WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Random letter colors?

Yes, you can definitely change each letter in a selection of text to a random color in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select the text that you want to change the color of.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Font" section to open the "Font" dialog box.
  4. Check the box next to "Hidden" in the "Effects" section and click "OK". This will hide the text, but don't worry, we'll fix that in the next step.
  5. Press "Alt + F11" to open the Visual Basic Editor.
  6. Click on "Insert" in the menu bar and select "Module".
  7. Paste the following code into the module:

    PHP Code:
    Sub RandomColor()

    Dim i As Integer

    For 1 To Selection.Range.Characters.Count
            Selection
    .Range.Characters(i).Font.Hidden False
            Selection
    .Range.Characters(i).Font.ColorIndex Int((56 Rnd) + 1)

    Selection.Range.Characters(i).Font.Hidden True
        Next i
    End Sub
  8. Press "F5" to run the macro.
  9. Your text should now be visible again, with each letter in a random color.

Note: This macro will only work in the current document. If you want to use it in other documents, you'll need to copy and paste the code into a new module in each document.

I hope this helps you create some fun and colorful Santa letters for the kids!