Doug Robbins

On the Layout tab of the Page Setup dialog, check the Different Odd and Even
item. You will then be able to set up individual headers and footers to be
used for the odd and even pages.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Jotaga" wrote in message
oups.com...
dear all,
I would like to know how can I put numbers in the outer side margin of
my book. Like the german university textbooks, for instance.And I would
like them to be automatically sequenced.
Many thanks for answreing a very old problem,
Jota