Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How to place object in text box?

Insert a text box. In the text box, Insert | Picture | From File. Then type
below it, still inside the text box. If you don't have text boundaries
displayed (Tools | Options View), you might want to do that to make sure
that your caption is actually inside the text box.

"The Hun" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've tried more combinations of settings -- "allow overlap," etc. --
and I can't make it work. I'm trying to do this:

1. Create a text box
2. Put a picture in it
3. Write a line of description in the box, below the picture
4. Drag the box around to other places on the page and have the
picture stay in the box.

I've heard that Word can do what I'm trying to do. Is there anywhere
in a HELP section, somewhere, that tells us how to do this?

Thanks,