Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SL Forst SL Forst is offline

Default Display all previously accepted tracked changes of a word doc.

Hi,
That was what I had thought as well. If that is the case, then why was
Microsoft Tracked Hidden Tool created?

I referred to the site that had been posted as a reply to other questions:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac....html#Security
This site discusses metadata - how do I access the metadata in a word
document? Even with the existance of this metadata that keeps a history of
changes that have occured to a document, after the changes have been accepted
they are permanent?

Thank-you for taking the time to help me to work through this.
--
S.Forst

"Dan Freeman" wrote:

You could use a version control system such as Microsoft's VSS to keep
various versions of the document, but once you accept changes you've done
exactly that: you've accepted the changes as a permanent change to the
document.

Dan

SL Forst wrote:
Hello,
I am wondering if there is a way (or multiple ways) to take a
document that has had multiple changes completed with tracking on and
view the tracked changes over the life of the document after they
have been accepted.

This would include seeing the deletions/additions that have been
accepted at various points over a year or more, etc.