Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PPJansen PPJansen is offline

Default How to delete standard templates in Word ?

Hello All,

I'm working in a company where we have quite a few Word 2003 templates
of our own in quite a few categories. The original word-supplied
templates are never used. The list of my own categories of templates -
when creating a new document - goes under the heading "more...".

How do I remove the standard templates from the list that I get when I
do File - New - On My Computer, so I can choose from my own templates
a bit easier?

I tried just removing the templates from C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Templates, but when I made a new document it just gives the same
list and when you choose one of the standard templates it will
re-install. Can someone point me to the right docs for this please?

TIA

Peter-Paul Jansen
Rijswijk, The Netherlands