Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default I want to omit a field in a mail merge

For any of your question to be relevant you must be using the AddressBlock
field. Don't! Insert the individual fields as you require them. You can then
use a conditional field to insert the FirstName field when a condition
applies eg
{IF{Mergefield FirstName} "Fred" "{Mergefield FirstName}"}

emc wrote:
I have a mail merge with Prefix, FirstName, Surname, etc.

For various reasons when sending out mail some people should only
have their Prefix and Surname shown. I need to have their FirstName
in the merge as I use it for a large amount of other documents
otherwise I would remove it.

I have tried the "If...Then...Else" but it doesn't work and I can't
use the Skip button as this is for the entire record. Is there
another way of doing it?

Thank you.