Gmann Gmann is offline
Junior Member

Default change control listbox results to numbers

I have a listbox (activex control) in an excel worksheet, it returns a "text" value to the linked cell, when the item is selected from the list.

Since I want to do math with the result in the linked cell, how can I use vba to return a corresonding numeric value, instead of the text value.

I know the listbox created from the "forms" menu, returns a number, but I like the versatility of the activex control better. I have tried to research this question for many days now, and can't find a reference to this problem.

Has anyone else tried this? Any help is humbly appreciated.