Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
American since 1749 American since 1749 is offline

Default how do i remove the shaded sidebar for printing?

I have a similar but more complicated question: I'm preparing a
document with several sections, only one of which has or needs any
comment balloons. I need the comments in that section to print, but I
don't want the other sections in the document (the ones with no
comments) to print small to allow space for comments that don't exist
in those sections. The only solution I've found so far is separate
documents; is there a way to display and print the comment balloons
only in a single section of a document, while allowing the rest of the
document to display and print as if there were no comment balloons?

On Mar 1, 5:43*pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
It sounds like you have track changes enabled or are showing comments inballoons

Make sure that in the Tracking section of the Review tab that you have
selected Final and not Final showing markup.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"R in AZ" wrote in ...

I can't seem to eliminate the shaded sidebar on the righthand side of each
page. *It prints out as a light gray area down the page. *Would appreciate
anyone's help with this. *Thanks. *r