Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Headers and Footers

Once you get beyond a single page, section breaks provide the most practical
solution. As Terry indicates, you can use fields, but they will, in the long
run, be more difficult to maintain.

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
Susan and Jay,

Thanks very much: lots to experiment with there. As luck would have it, I
now have a document that needs several unnumbered pages before the

numbering
starts (at "1") so I'll see if any of the methods you've given me can
accomplish that.

Bert