Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
86Ranger

Default How do I find and replace bullet symbols (not style)?

If I click Find Next, it simply reports back it was not found.
The symbol appears as a simple bullet in the Word document, including when I
print it. However, when I copy and paste the symbol into the search field, it
appears as a double bullet seperated by space, like this:
€¢ €¢
If I try to delete the bullet manually, pressing the delete key once selects
the bullet, and pressing the delete key twice will then delete it. It
wouldn't seem to be a big deal, but I have over 2000 documents, with several
hundred bullets in each. The delete-delete method is killing me.

"SVC" wrote:

What happens, after pasting the symbol in the Find what: box, if you click on
Find Next? Does it take you to the next identical symbol? I've noticed when
I paste symbols from a WordPerfect font into the Find what: box, that they
don't always replicate what is on screen. But I can Find next and Replace
all.

Also, have you tried after pasting the symbol into the Find what: box to
replace it with something? If so, what happens?

"86Ranger" wrote:

Yes. In fact, when I highlight, copy and paste, the paste result actually
appears as two seperate bullets in the FIND field. If I highlight the bullet,
then open the FIND dialogue, it appears in the field as "(" open parentheses.

"SVC" wrote:

Have you tried copying the bullet symbol and pasting it into the Find what:
field in Find and Replace?

"86Ranger" wrote:

When converting documents from WordPerfect to MSWord, bullet characters are
carried over. These characters are not associated with a bullet style and I
need to delete them. These bullet characters seem to be symbols, but I can't
find and replace them. I have tried using the ^nnn and ^0nnn and ^unnn seach
codes, but I am having no luck.