Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default drop-down field

AutoText entries can be saved only in a template, so you need to be storing
these entries in a document template and saving that on the shared drive.

"Titolie" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne.
Everything is working great... one other thing I am saving the document on

shared drive at the office so everyone can use the same letter. The only
thing is when I come to the "product" and right click the other employees
dont get the same (options) as I do. any way I can fix this.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Create new AutoText entries in the relevant style and delete the

unwanted
ones.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Titolie" wrote in message
ok, thank it worked now. One more question. If I wish to make changes

my
list (add or delete) what do I need to do.

thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not aware of any bookmarks involved in an AutoTextList field.

Did
you
carefully follow the instructions for creating a style, saving the

AutoText
entries in that style, etc.?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Titolie" wrote in message
is there another? as I am having trouble with the expression

either I
get
nothing when I am done get a blank or I get the following Error!

Bookmark
not
defined.

help thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

One way is described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Titolie" wrote in message
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to

finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change

certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks