Jay Freedman

Cowtoon wrote:
I know there's a fix for this, but my searches are finding it.

I have a problem where the total number of pages is being reported
incorrectly ... so I end up with Page 24 of 21.

There's some code that I need to add, but I can't find it. Can
someone point me to it ... please and thanks.
Diana

Hi Diana,

The thing that there's a fix for is when the total pages (a NumPages field)
shows the same number as the current page (a Page field). That's described
at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm, but it doesn't sound
like what you're seeing.

Are you sure you don't just need to update the fields? Either select the
field and press F9, or (after making sure Tools Options Print "Update
fields" is checked) go to Print Preview and back.

If that isn't it, right-click the field and select Toggle Field Codes. Is it
really a NumPages field, or is it maybe a PageRef field pointing to a
bookmark that's on page 21? Or a SectionPages field?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman