Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Printer Defaults

See also http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
In the Control Panel, right click the desired printer and from the
short cut menu that appears, click the Set as Default item.

In Word however, when you select a printer from the FilePrint dialog
and print a document, that printer is retained as the printer to be
used in Word until you change it.

"Catana" wrote in message
news
No. I don't know how to do that. I looked in the control panel under
printers
and faxes but couldn't find any setting for Microsoft Word.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Did you try setting it up thru Windows?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Catana" wrote in message
How do I make Word 97 default to one particular printer so I don't
have to
select that particular printer each time I go to print something?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

What's your question?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Catana" wrote in message
I am trying to help a friend set his Word 97 to default to one
of his two
printers on his Windows 2000 machine so he dosn't have to select
which
printer to print to each time.

Thanks for any help.