Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erik_gregory erik_gregory is offline

Default Form Macros, Form Output to DB

Word 2003, OS XP.

I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction on these questions.

1. I would like to make a macro in a Word form that will do something like
the following: If a user selects California from a drop-down menu, the
following zip code drop-down menu will populate with California zip codes. I
know about the "Run Macro Before/After" features, but can a macro that does
this be recorded through the Word interface or must I write the macro myself
in VB (which I'm not very good at).

2. Word can output form results into a text file (i.e., "last name", "first
name", "DOB", etc.) which, according to the documentation, can be "easily
inserted into a DB." But how is this done efficiently? Copy/paste from the
text file? Please advise anyone with thanx!

Erik