Greg

Bergie,

I am assuming that you are using a simple table. Lets say that you have a
4x10 table. Column headings are Item, Qty, Price, Sub Total.

The first item in row 2 is "Paint, 3, 20.00" and you want the subtotal in
column 4.

You need a forumula field
{ =(b2*c2) \#$,#.00 } in cell b4. Note the field code braces are inserted
with CTRL+F9.

To sum the total of column 4 subtotals you would use the formula {
=Sum(Above) }

Calculations in a simple Word formula will not update "calculate"
automatically. After creating the field, right click and select toggle field
codes. Change the qty or price and right click and select update field. The
new result will display. You can update all fields by pressing CTRL+a and
then F9. You can also instruct Word to update fields before printing
(FilePrintOptionsUpdate Fields).

"Bergie" wrote:

I do not have Excel, only MS Word. I downloaded an invoice template and I
would like to be able to do a sum total of: 3 cans of paint @ @20.00 each =
$60.00.

And, I would like to be able to do a sum total of all the products used at
the end of the invoice. Can anyone help me do this in SIMPLE terms, please?
Thanks so much.